Until recently, I hadn't done a jigsaw since I was a child. Now I do them regularly with mum and we make quite the team!
This one is a 1000 piece jigsaw which takes quite a bit of effort.
Apart from being a brilliant way to practice mindfulness, here's a few of the life lessons that jigsaws have mirrored back to me:
* Patience (it's true what they say, it really is a virtue)!
* The details matter.
* Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees!
* Focusing on something can produce great results.
* Equally (here comes the paradox which life is full of) focusing on something for too long can make us less effective. A break can work wonders.
* It's very rewarding to work towards the bigger picture (see what I did there!) and to see it taking shape.
* It is fun to do things together. Sometimes we swap sides for a bit so we get variety and fresh eyes on areas #teamwork
* The flow state is wonderful...just the right amount of enjoyment and challenge can keep us occupied and engaged for a long time.
* Simplicity and slowing down is regenerative.
* It is excellent to spend time away from our ridiculous thoughts!
* Not being on screens feels good.
* Sometimes life is a puzzle and we can't have it all figured out, we just have to work with what fits and piece it together bit by bit.
* People invent clever things.
What mindful activity do you like to lose yourself in...?
Good Vibes, Amanda G
#mindfulness #simplicity #connection #jigsaws #presence #peace #biggerpicture #flowstate #mindfulawareness #puzzles #tradition #classics #mindset #relaxation #rest #offscreens #patience #details #focus #rewarding #familytime #games #slowingdown